Nike Vision and Transitions Optical present new Speed Tint eyewear
The Nike® MAX Transitions® range of sunglasses for running has been expanded with dynamic lenses
Nike Vision and Transitions Optical announced the expansion of the Nike® MAX Transitions® range of sunglasses with dynamic lenses and presented Nike Max Speed Tint, an innovative product developed to improve vision performance when running.
Nike® MAX Transitions® Speed Tint joins the Nike MAX Transitions Golf and Outdoor colors in this revolutionary line of sunglasses with dynamic lenses that are sensitive to changes in light and were designed specifically for sport.
"The eyewear category has always been of fundamental importance in the sport accessories portfolio developed by Nike to offer athletes the best tools for achieving maximum performance", stated Steve Tripi, marketing director of Marchon Eyewear/Nike Vision.
"The combination of advanced photochromic technology applied to Transitions Optical lenses and the special colors designed and patented for Nike Vision are new must-haves that are ideal for anyone who wants to improve their vision when practicing sport".
It may seem just a question of aesthetics, but in reality color is one of the main elements of lens function. In different light situations, some colors improve vision more than others. Nike® MAX Transitions® sunglasses are available in three patented colors developed specifically to improve the details of the surrounding environment during sport and other outdoor activities.
• Nike MAX Transitions/Speed Tint – red: designed to prevent annoying reflections from road surfaces, they relax the eyes and body and hence help during endurance sports like long-distance running.
• Nike MAX Transitions/Golf Tint – purple: designed to improve vision of the course and, as a consequence, improve game performance.
• Nike MAX Transitions/Outdoor Tint – green: designed to lighten shady areas, increase contrast and improve the vision spectrum in natural environments when hiking and trail running, for example.
For over 20 years Transitions Optical has been committed to innovating photochromic technology applied to lenses. A pioneer in the development of variable tint dynamic lenses, the company was the first to produce dynamic sun lenses for certain sports, the must–haves for athletes who practice sports and outdoor activities. The slightest change in light can alter vision and have a negative effect on performance. Thanks to Nike® MAX Transitions® sunglasses, vision will be optimal at all times, regardless of light conditions: cloudy, sunny, early morning, midday.
Nike® MAX Transitions® sunglasses are available in the most popular Nike models:
• Tailwind12: this ultra-lightweight frame combined with flying lens technology reduces fogging and provides precise visual information from all viewpoints thanks to patented
Nike Nike Max Optics®. The wraparound temples and cam-action hinges that lock in position make this model the perfect answer for athletes who want to run faster and increase competition duration. Tailwind12 is fitted with interchangeable lenses and an RX clip is also available.
• Skylon Ace: Nike Skylon Ace sunglasses with interchangeable lenses are perfect for all sports. Designed to deliver protection, stability and comfort, they have a lightweight, sporty frame, wraparound lenses and a ventilated nose bridge. These sunglasses for extreme sports are also ideal for running, golf, tennis, cycling and other sports.
• Skylon Ace Pro: Skylon Ace Pro sunglasses are fitted with interchangeable lenses and the innovative pro lens for greater protection and an aggressive look. Designed to deliver protection, stability and comfort, they have a lightweight sporty frame, secure-wrap temples and a ventilated nose bridge. Perfect for extreme sports, they are also ideal for running, golf, tennis, cycling and other sports.
New Nike MAX Transitions Speed Tint will be available also as accessory lenses for Show X2, Show X2 Pro, Tailwind12, Skylon Ace and Skylon Ace Pro. All Nike Max Transitions lenses are made in polycarbonate and, like all Nike and Transitions lenses, they give 100% protection from UV rays.